The AHA Archives
A unique collection of documents and artefacts from the earliest days of the Afghan Hound in the UK to the present day.
The AHA is most fortunate in owning a very extensive and valuable archive collection of the breed from the earliest imports to the UK. Much of this collection was carefully organised into three Albums by Ann Adams during her time as secretary of the AHA. Heather Bunney succeeded Ann as archivist and has continued to look after the existing material and to extend the collection. Many afghan hound enthusiasts may have seen the archive but with the help and encouragement of David Paton and Jan Fielder we are now in a position to add some of this material to our website.
Click the links below to view the contents :
- Archive Album Volume 1 pages 1-10
- Archive Album Volume 1 pages 11-20
- Archive Album Volume 1 pages 21-30
- Archive Album Volume 1 pages 31-37
- Archive Album Volume 2 pages 1-10
- Archive Album Volume 2 pages 11-20
- Archive Album Volume 2 pages 21-32
- Archive Album Volume 2 pages 33-45
The AHA Record of UK Champions
Ann Adams, together with her husband Ron, also decided to begin a record of four generation pedigrees of UK Champions and this has been maintained to the present day. A photographic record of the early Champions is now being added to the website. All images are held in the AHA archives.